Thursday, June 16, 2016

The first rainy day


Well, this was my third walk on this beautiful mountain stretch so it would have been selfish to expect that all days would have perfect weather, right? I had to settle for two out of three.  This was a hard wet muddy slippery day. Probably the hardest 14 kms I've ever walked. 

We left at around seven fifteen or so.  The first bunch of kms up to the cross was dry with occasional bursts of sun. 



But as we turned the corner around a ridge, the rain started. Never pounding but steady, hour after hour. 

The bar I remembered at the pass was closed for renovation so we were stuck. One foot forward, step by step, only one bad tumble in the mud for me, over streams and through marshy land. 



Not even sure when we arrived but it felt good. The heat is on in the albergue so my shoes will soon be dry. I've had a hot shower and almost feel human again. 

The view from where I sit; hard to complain about today if this is the reward:

And there will be a hot meal in the bar at some point. Love to you all. Lauyir





1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're having a great time! :-)
    Hugs from Susanna

    ReplyDelete