Sunday, June 19, 2016

Sun shining in Oviedo!

I left Mieres around 7:15. 

Statue shows you how asturian cider, called sides, must be poured in order to get the right amount of air (I think). 

With only 20 or so to walk, I knew I could take my time, have a coffee/boot break, and still get in plenty early. 

Lovely walk with great views.


After two fairly serious ascents, you can finally see the city but I knew from my last times through that there is yet one more descent/ascent/descent till you actually get there. 


Oviedo is always beautiful but in the sun it is especially so. I walked the familiar route into town past the cathedral and down the Calle Gascona, the typical cider street. 


That street is always hopping but today even more so because there was an artisanal cheese fair. Omg. Asturian cheese is extraordinary so I got my fill of sample after sample. Some goat, some cow, some sheep, some mixed. Great treat for the hungry walker. 


It turns out that I'm in the same hotel where we stayed as a family in 1994. I was able to verify that it's the same place by asking if the parking garage was accessed by putting your car in an elevator. 

So I am planning to stroll and eat and enjoy today. 






No comments:

Post a Comment