Wednesday, June 15, 2016

First day on the Salvador

Tuesday was the day to leave Leon. The camino splits, the busy Francés to the left and the Salvador to the right. 


I walked alone those 27 kms, knowing there were others out there walking. 

The route went along the Bernesga River, with some stiff ups and downs for training.  Lovely countryside. 



As I was walking I saw people ahead on a couple of occasions but they were always too far ahead for me to catch up.  I got to the albergue to find that four Spaniards had checked into the albergue. With me that made five. But there were also ten backpacks neatly stacked by the door that told me a group was arriving. There would be a bed crunch if everyone showed up. 

And sure enough, the last one to arrive, our Slovenian pal, had to go to a Hostal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment