Saturday, June 25, 2016

Great day to Berducedo.

I'm safe I think there were about 2300' ascent today, most of it through the woods alongside a beautiful stream, made more beautiful by the huge amount of rain that had fallen. 

It was a great walk to the pass, called Puerta de Palo. 



And the view from the top was great! 



Then a steep descent to a pretty abandoned little town, 


four more kms to a bar, and finally into Berducedo. 



Our little group of 7 all decided to stay in private rooms today. We're all in the same little place. The last time I was through here, it was a bar/cafe. Things have gone well so they added rooms. I remember the young guy telling us during my first visita that he had lost his job and had opted to take his unemployment in a lump sum payout and bought the bar. He started Sade:/up in the middle of the recession and was kind of nervous the last time I saw him. I was so glad to see how well things had gone for him. 



They now have plans to add a small albergue but the bureaucracy is killing them. Small town politics seem to be the same everywhere! 


No comments:

Post a Comment