Tuesday, June 21, 2016

My fourth grandchild!

So while I was enjoying the lovely pre-Romanesque churches up on Mt. Naranco outside Oviedo yesterday, my grandbaby Jack was born!  He was 8 lbs 2oz and 20 inches and most important of all, healthy and with a big head of very dark hair! That event is far more important, interesting, and wonderful than anything I've been doing the last few days. 

But I have had a great few days. Yesterday, my rest day in Oviedo, started out with a walk with Helena (my camino buddy who lives in Oviedo) up to two World Heritage sites from the 9th century. One a church


And the other a civil palace. 



Both amazing and awesome. 

Then came a two hour meet-up with my walking partner from last year Lee. She bussed in from the Camino Del Norte, had lunch with us, and flew out to Sevilla to walk the Via de la Plata. I had hoped she'd stay to walk the Primitivo, but she was afraid of rain on the forecast and headed south. 

After lunch Helena and I hopped a bus to Gijon, a city on the coast about a half hour north of Oviedo. We took some nice walks on the promenade and through the old parts. 



I was back in Oviedo and in bed by 9 pm or thereabouts. Ready to start the Camino Primitivo on Wednesday. I've heard it's crowded. Oh no that may mean I cannot sleep in the albergues. :-). 
Well someone has to be the one to go for a private room, and I think I can make the sacrifice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment