Monday, June 13, 2016

Rest day in Leon

Well I was feeling kind of careless this morning and decided that since the Camino Del Salvador splits from the Camino Francés in front of the parador, it just made sense to sleep there. :-). 

So after a few errands, I headed over, got a good rate, and checked in. 


Just so you don't think ill of me, you should know that there were about four other people dressed like me checking in. So I'm not the only sybarite on the camino. And every one of us had grey hair. 

I had a nice lunch at a restaurant recommended by a friend. The menú del día was very reasonable, just a couple of euros more than the average city lunch. And very tasty:-). Fancy salad and sea bass with shrimp. Yum. 



Then a long visit in one of the world's most beautiful gothic cathedrals. I think it gives Chartres a run for its money. 




Ok the party is over. I'm going back to pilgrim style tomorrow. Up at 6, out at 7. 

27 km to the albergue in La Robla. 




3 comments:

  1. Glad you treated yourself to a nice break!:) that meal looks delicious. Impressive cathedral!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that's the same parador David and I stayed at! I remember going to that cathedral too. There were tons of beautiful flowers everywhere when we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurie. The lunch in Leon looks fab. Would you remember the name of the restaurant? I am heading off in June to walk the Madrid to Sahagun, on to Leon and then the Salvador to Oviedo. Can't wait....

    ReplyDelete