Monday, June 13, 2016

End of Camino San Olav

Last night on our stroll around town, we found the "sarcophagus fountain". Apparently three Roman sarcophagi were used to make this fountain. 


We had breakfast in our B&B and on our way out of town, señora Maury took us through the 19th century church, with its original painting in tact. 

The walk today was short, about 19 km and almost all on a Via Verde. Since it's Sunday there were lots of people out, mostly on bikes but some walkers. 

By 1 pm we had ended our camino in front of the Burgos cathedral. 


After a hamburguesa at a riverside cafe, it was time for goodbye.


 Reb took off on her two hour drive back to Moratinos, and I decided to walk the 5 km to the train station. I was lucky to get there four minutes before an earlier train to Leon and I was able to change my ticket and hop on. 

Two hours later I was in Leon. 

Checked into my 16€ room at the Hostal España. I was surprised to hear the guy standing in the next doorway say --Laurie? Turns out it's a fellow camino addict from Slovenia whom I've "known" for years on the Internet. Small world!  And we are both setting out in the Salvador on Tuesday after a day in Leon. 


Monday will be a day to buy new socks, new rubber tips for my poles, more phone time, and best of all a long visit to the cathedral!  

No comments:

Post a Comment