Monday, June 27, 2016

28 km to A Fonsagrada

Either I'm getting weaker or these 28 kms were harder than I remembered. 

I left the very nice albergue at about 6:45. 


A perfect walking day-- cool, sunny, totally clear skies. BUT a lot of ups and downs. We crossed a mountain pass and there we were in Galicia. 



The first bar that was open was at km 18 so a lot of pilgrims were chomping at the bit to get a coffee. Not everyone carries an electric coil, it seems. :-)




I have a persistent cough that I just can't shake so I'm staying in private rooms for a while. Seems to me it's bad pilgrim etiquette to sleep in a room with 8 or 10 and keep them all awake with your cough. Now I realize that may sound like a rationalization but I think it's the best course for now. I've bought some cough medicine in the farmacia so fingers crossed that it goes away soon. 













No comments:

Post a Comment