Saturday, June 4, 2016

In Soria!

Well it's thundering out my window so I may not see many of the sights today but I made it before the thunderstorms. 

I was one lucky peregrina today. Though it was raining steadily when I left a little after 6, by 7:30 it had tapered off and then was dry for the rest of the day. Glad I was going in the right direction. 


Walking in the rain is good for hunkering down and thinking without distraction (unless you're distracted by the water slowly dropping into your shoe or the way the wind blows rain across your face). I had a lot of time to think of friends who have lost their mom, dad, or step-dad since I started walking, and of course thought about my own mamacita a lot. But there were happy things too-- a wedding today! A baby to be born soon. 

And then the rain stopped. What a walk!  Medieval castle towers and ruins, 


3 or 4 amazing little Romanesque churches with great capitals and tympanums 




And the endless fields of emerald green. 

Tomorrow I'll be a tourist, doing the same thing I did today --looking at Romanesque churches, but this time without a backpack on my back. Woo hoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment