Friday, June 3, 2016

Best laid plans

Well first the good news. After a hearty if not healthy meal in the empty bar in Pozalmuro, population 35, I spent the afternoon talking with the woman behind the counter, her husband and daughter. A few telenovelas and game shows later (thank goodness for Internet) I was ready to head back to my little room behind the doctors office. My new friend the barmaid said she wanted to come with me. When we got there and went back to my room, it was truly freezing. No problem, she said. Drag a mattress down the hall, move the table in the waiting room do the mattress can go next to the heater. And then her magic hands flipped the fusebox and two little heaters started working. How lucky is that-- just another camino angel! 

I woke up at 5 raring to go. Looked at the weather forecast on my phone-- cloudy with t-storms in afternoon. No problem, I thought kind of smugly. I'll head out early, zip through those 37 kms and be safely in Soria before the brunt of it. 

Only thing I forget to do was to open the door of my little cave-- only to see that even though my phone said it was cloudy  here, it's actually raining at a pretty good clip. So much for a quick straight shot to Burgos. Should be a long slog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment