Wednesday, June 22, 2016

24 km to Salas

So today was a short but very beautiful day. I was walking strong because last night with my Colorado pals (reunited again!) I had probably the best hamburger I've ever eaten in my life. That is not an exaggeration. Home raised beef, at some stage between veal and "old cow" (they call it novilla in Spanish) 


On the way back to the pensión I passed many bars filled with people watching Spain play Croatia. It was a lovely warm summer night and when I went to bed Spain was winning. (See the green tv screen?) 


The walk today was wonderful but with a lot of ups and downs. The heat makes a huge difference and it was hot and sunny. But thankfully there was a lot of camino that went through green tunnels, along rivers, etc. 


I am in a private albergue in Salas, a room with three beds, what luxury. 

We've eaten a huge lunch and will probably just lounge around for the rest of the afternoon. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment