Monday, June 6, 2016

38 long kms to Abejar

I wouldn't say it was a spectacular day but it had its nice parts and almost all off road, which makes my feet very happy. 

I left a little after 6, having just face timed with Justine and Oliver in the bathtub (8:15 California time is 5:15 Spain time). 

Sunrise was super 



I went through a few little towns with nothing going on (but they did have fountains so I had plenty of water). Lots of walking through grazing land but the cows never came close.  Not very lush. 


But there were some nice bike trail parts that had nice views and soft surfaces. 


I'm in a municipally owned albergue. 60 beds and I'm all alone. Sheets and towels, real luxuries and only 17 €. But if I had come tomorrow, there would have been no room for me because a group of 60 school kids from Madrid is arriving. 

Today was a good thinking day-- my mom's birthday. I am happy that I can say with no doubt that hers was a life well lived. I miss her terribly on the Camino, since she would've been giving me lots of Skype advice about walking. 


I think I'm done with these 35+ km days. Smooth sailing from here!  




No comments:

Post a Comment