Thursday, May 26, 2016

May 26. Escatron to Quinto



I was on the road by 6 am. Two rest stops and 37 km later, I was in Quinto by 1:30-45. I'm feeling good and no foot or knee problems, knock on wood. There was very little elevation gain, and that would slow me down considerably. 

I left the Hostal in quasi-darkness but could see the hydro-electric blinking off in the distance



I went past the monastery I gave up for a Parcheesi Game.  

Then a few kms of badlands to Sastago, and then the Ebro fun began. 





Just after Sastago I walked past a cave near the river with a sign that indicated it was a refuge during the Civil War. That haunted me, wondering who had been in there, what had happened to them, etched. I actually made up a little story that ended well, unlike what probably really happened. 



Lots of riverside rambling -- the Ebro River (also called the Sea of Aragon) curls all over in this neck of the woods. Also had a lot of big fields of grain with  and big skies.  

Lots of river walking, a few small towns and here I am.  


Tomorrow will be half of today, then Saturday into Zaragoza. 

All is well. Love from Laurie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment