Monday, May 30, 2016

In Gallur, on the Imperial Aragon Channel.

Today's 30+ were great at the beginning, through a town with a magnificent 14C mudejar church. Really nice. 



Then a few kms through fields followed by some punishing kms on the side of a busy road with no shoulder. Some respite came with a few kms along the Ebro, 



But the last 10 or so we're all on asphalt, which drains the energy right out of me. 

I walked along the Imperial Channel for a while and then into my destination, Gallur. Another albergue, this one up by the old train station. Ten beds but I'll probably be alone. 

The town is on a hill on the other side of the channel and it has definitely seen better days. The church stands on top with 13 storks' nests visible. 

This is where two Caminos cross -- the Ruta Del Ebro, which I've been on from the beginning, and the Camino Castellano-Aragones, which I'm moving to tomorrow. It goes more westerly than the Ebro, and will take me to Burgos. I don't know much about the province of Soria, so this is an easy way to learn. 

 
 
I'm having an absolutely wonderful lunch at a place recommended by a camino internet friend. First course was eggplant and red peppers, yum. Main course is sea bass with a tomato chutney concoction. Go here:  


Thanks for the recommendation Sabine!

No comments:

Post a Comment