Tuesday, May 17, 2016

From Barcelona to Riumar

What do you do when your plane is an hour early and you get downtown by 7:15 when nothing is open?  Not complaining, mind you. I did find an open cafe for my first cafe con leche. I taped up my box and stuffed in the things to send to Santiago. Main item is a duffel bag, which I will fill with olive oil for my California culinary crew when I get to Santiago. 

The post office opened at 8:30, the farmacia (for my fancy Avene sunscreen)  and the grocery store at 9, but the Movistar phone store did not cooperate. 


So that meant another cafe con leche. Not a problem. But when I went back at 10 when it finally opened, I learned that this store only sells contracts not prepaid cards. And I have one more Movistar store to add to my list of most rude and unpleasant employees. 

I met Annie in the train station and after a two hour train ride and a half hour cab ride we arrived at the mouth of the Ebro and the Hostal Paca. We saw a million rice paddies and learned from our cab driver that tomorrow's walk along the river will be through millions more. 

Quick shower, wash a few pieces of clothing and then we were off on what turned out to be a several hour walk along the beach, through the marshy delta, very nice. 


We saw our first yellow arrow, always an emotional moment. :-)


We're lucky that the family running our Hostal will open the kitchen at about 6:15 so we can get a meal. Annie suggested fried eggs and that sounds great to me too. Probably with some French fries. Haute cuisine on the Camimo. 

I'm sure I will fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.  Then off tomorrow morning bright and early!  

No comments:

Post a Comment